Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Screaming

I have written here frequently about shows I watch on Tv.  Many of them, perhaps most of them, are crime drama shows -- NCIS, NCIS-LA, SVU, Criminal Minds, and even Monk.  They all have one thing in common:  When a dead body is found, the woman who finds it screams.

I don't think I have ever screamed about anything.  I don't think I have ever heard any women screaming.  And if screaming is the thing you're supposed to do when you come across a crime scene, why don't men ever scream?

There is an episode of NCIS where a TV crew is filming a scene and are upset because the actress isn't screaming convincingly.  She walks away and suddenly starts screaming and the director is happy because she finally got the scream right...but she has tumbled into a hole that has a skeleton in it.  Scream!

# # # # 

My cell phone is driving me crazy.  And I guess it's my fault.  I charge it in the family room and it stays on a shelf at my elbow when I'm in the recliner.  I almost never get phone calls, so it doesn't occur to me to keep it with me all the time.  But sure as I sit down at my desk to do something, I have to log into somewhere that wants me to put in a code that they will send to my phone, so I have to get up and go get the phone.  Then, I have it on my desk and often forget when I leave my office.  I get all settled into my recliner and go to get the phone to read on my Kindle app--but the phone is in my office and I have to get up and go get it.

Tuesdays drive me crazy because I have an alarm set for every Tuesday so I don't forget to listen to Ned's show.  But I almost NEVER have the phone with me and I'll be typing something here on the computer and this gawdawful alarm suddenly starts blaring and I have to get up and try to get to it quickly.

_____________________________________________________________________________



8434 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...