Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Harlan Coben

 Harlan Coben is probably one of my favorite authors.  I've read everything he has published, starting with the Myron Bolitar books (9 of them).  After I finished reading the Myron books, I started reading his stand alone books and found them to be as engrossing as the Myron books were.  I read the last book he published, recently, "I Will Find You," in pretty much one sitting, reading all night long because I couldn't put it down. (How I love books like that!)

I saw an interview with Coben where he talks about the movies that have been made of his books.  There are several that have been made, in various languages.  I think I've seen most of them (I don't mind captioning for foreign language films because I read captions most of the time anyway!)

His latest movie is Shelter, which tells the story of Mickey Bolitar, nephew of Myron Bolitar.  I'm not sure how many Mickey Bolitar books he has written, but at least 3.  This is the first story and I started to watch the 8 episodes of the film.

Oh my!  It gets kind of slow in the middle, but the last two episodes were amazing.  In fact, I finished the 6th episode at about 10 last night and it was so good I was tempted to watch the next episode, but I knew I would fall asleep, so I went to sleep...but when I woke up at 3 I was wide awake and turned on Shelter and watched it through to the end.  The thing about Coben's stories is that there are so many twists and turns.  Ned finished Shelter a couple of days ago and told me "you think it's over ... and then it's not!"  It was so good.

Now I'm left with the same feeling I have about his books...now that I've watched the series, I'm waiting anxiously to see if there will be a second one, with the same characters.  The end was almost/kind of a cliff hanger and I want to know what happens after the very last scene!

I also watched the last episode of Only Murders in the Building this morning, where they solve the mystery but then end on a cliff hanger involving the death of one of my favorite actors.

Thank goodness the writers' strike is over because I'm running out of new things to watch.

___________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO OF THE DAY


8414 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...