Saturday, October 14, 2023

No San Francisco

We were supposed to go to San Francisco today.  Gilbert's niece was coming to town for a wedding and would have Saturday afternoon free and hoped to see us.  When she told me a few months ago, I put it on the calendar and planned to meet her.  She lives in Kansas and I haven't seen her in about 25 years or more.

As the day got closer, and I heard from her that she would be at a brunch and wasn't sure when she'd be free and I thought about where she was staying--across the street from Ghirardelli Square, in Fisherman's Wharf, I was less enthusiastic.

The traffic would be terrible.  The parking would be pretty much impossible and even if we found a place to park, what would we do?  Walk around Fisherman's Wharf?  Great if you can walk, which I can't.  I have a hard time walking a block.  

So I decided to tell her we couldn't come.  She was disappointed, but understood.

Then it turns out that I had not yet had a bowel movement since my colonoscopy and I finally did...so many times I had to rush to the bathroom every 10 minutes or so.  I was so relieved to think of what would have happened if we had gone to San Francisco!

_____________________________________________________________________________


8424 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...