Sunday, October 29, 2023

Organization

Don't you just love that photo of  the day?  I found it on the Internet and had to share.

So it's been a very busy couple of days.  It started innocently enough, looking for a photo that I wanted to post on Facebook.  I knew it was on my computer somewhere but I spent literally hours looking through all the files that I have, thinking there must be some way to put all these photos together in one file, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  You can get one of those things that will collect all your photos on one disk, but they would be just like I have them now, only in one place and still no logical way to FIND anything.  I still haven't figured out how to do it.

BUT, when I couldn't find the photo in the files I checked, I went to the database that I kept for all of the Funny the World entries, which gives the date of each entry, what the subject is, and which photos are posted.  I found the two photos I was looking for in 5 minutes.

I realized how useful that database has been since I got it all done.  I had done over 8,000 entries before I moved to Blogspot and I hadn't done the last month because I was moving.  But I decided that I wanted to update the FTW entries and add the Blogspot entries.  I started Blogspot in February 2023, so that's nearly a year of entries, plus the month of August 2022, the last month of FTW in its own domain.

I managed to get August finished, and then February finished, but that took a couple of hours, so I took a break and intended to get back to it, but the 49er game was on, so I never did (I would have been better off updating the database, given how bad the game was!)  But now I have 8 more months of Blogspot entries to put into the database.

I will feel very good when it's all finished, but that will probably take most of the coming week.  You can't sit here and write those entries for hours at a time.

Maybe at some point I can figure out the best way to get my photos organized.  But I doubt it!  LOL.

# # # # # #

Ned and I have just about finished the candy puzzle.  I was listening to a Survivor podcast last night around 11:30 and ended up listening to it and working the puzzle at the same time.  If we don't get it finished tonight, it will definitely be finished tomorrow morning.  Then we have more 1000 piece puzzles to choose from.  Not sure which one we will choose next, but what fun to have a choice of puzzles from which to make a choice!

_____________________________________________________________________________


I love this picture!

8438 

1 comment:

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...