Friday, October 20, 2023

Saturday 9


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer questions, however, and here are today's questions!

Saturday 9: Something More (2005)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Sugarland's lead singer Jennifer Nettles describes a busy morning that begins with a cup of coffee. Do you start your day with a cup of joe?
Definitely.  My son Ned gets up early and starts a pot of Peet's French Roast so that when I wake up, it's all brewed and ready for me to pour a cup.

2) When she gets home from work, she sings that her house is dirty but says housework can wait until she has a glass of wine. Is there a particular chore on your "to-do" list that you keep putting off?
I've been planning to organize my office now for years.

3) The lyrics tell us happiness is something we can create. Do you agree?
To a point.  You can decide how you are going to react to things that happen in your life, negatively or positively.  Positively works better!

4) In the video of this week's song, the members of Sugarland ride along in a vintage Cadillac. Are you one of those drivers who has a nickname for your car?
We have only had one car that had a name.  It was our green van that was unlike any other car in Davis and we called it the Jolly Green Giant.  The kids couldn't get in trouble when they drove it because everybody in town recognized it!

5) The group hitches a ride in a red truck. The auto insurance industry tells us that Americans favor vehicles in the grayscale colors. Nearly 80% of cars on the road today are white, black, gray or silver. What color is your vehicle
Silver.

6) Nettles achieved her dream of performing on Broadway when she took over the role of Roxy in Chicago. What's your fantasy job?
Not any more...retired is a good job.  But when I was younger I would love to have had a job that worked with animals.

7) She wrote a cookbook with her mom called Sweet, Savory and Simple. When it was originally published, it was spiral bound. That way, it could be laid flat on the counter as the cook tries one of the recipes. How many cookbooks do you own?
Hardly any now.  Only about 50, left over from the more than 300 I had at one time.  Not sure why I have any, actually, since I get all of my recipes on the internet....and I almost never cook anyway!

 8) In 2005, when "Something More" was topping the country charts, Paul McCartney won a People's Choice Award for his concert tour. Do you have any plans to enjoy music performed live between now and the end of the year?
I will be reviewing a production of Oklahoma in November, filling in for the woman who took my criticing job when I retired.

9) Random question: Who received the most recent compliment you gave?
I frequently compliment Ned, especially on the meals he cooks.

_____________________________________________________________________________


8431  

4 comments:

  1. #6: I think I would have been good working with animals, too. But, like you, I like retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your answer to #3. I always say you can't control anyone else's actions or words, but you can control your reaction to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to organize my office for 10 years now. Total Failure.

    ReplyDelete

A strange reunion

  We went to a concert on Friday.  And it was also a big reunion.  Stephen Peithman (middle) was once the commentator of a series of fund-r...