Saturday, October 21, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves.




Stolen from League of  Extraordinary PenPals 








1. October reading & writing goals and plans
I'm in the middle of a John Lescroart book.  I want to finish that and start another book...haven't decided which one yet.  Writing plans are just to continue daily entries for Funny the World, and keep up with answering letters.

2. Something I did that totally paid off
It was a long time ago, but volunteering to help put together the 25 year history of The Lamplighters, a theater group in San Francisco.  It changed my life.

3. I want to see this make a comeback
A congress with Republicans and Democrats who can work together..

4. Generational traits I really value
Baby Boomers (Live to work, self-worth = work ethic, loyal to employer, competitive, goal-centric.)

5. Changes I’d like to see in my daily environment
I am happy with my daily environment, for the most part.  I'd like to have friends in my daily life, but I'm happy being a hermit.

6. Favorite soup dishes
Lamb soup of the middle east
Clam chowder
French onion soup

7. Start with the best part, or save the best for last
Depends on what we're  talking about.  Probably best part first.

8. The most chaotic part of my daily life
The dog insisting he sit in my lap the second I start to sit down.  This goes on most of  the day.

9. If I could only eat 10 things, I’d pick
*Dungeness Crab
* Roast leg of lamb
bagel
* Garlic bread
* artichoke
* spinach
* peanut butter
* cream cheese
* mandarin oranges
* fresh peaches

10. What Autumn feels like where I live
It's no longer in the 100s, Some trees change color and are beautiful (but nothing like back east).

11. The teacher who would be most proud of me
Sister Anne, my typing teacher.  We became good friends for the rest of her life and our daughter is named for her. I became an excellent typist and worked as a medical transcriptionist until I retired.

12. My go to Halloween snacks & treats 
We get almost no trick or treaters, but we buy Snickers, and peanut butter cups and have lots left over the next morning

13. 10 ways my life is great right now
* My son (and his wife) lives with us and has taken over the house, including shopping and cooking
* We have a great lap dog
* My children are adults and we are friends
* We live in a quiet town
* After being very worried about a colonoscopy I had last week, all went well and no cancer!
* I love squirrels and we have some who beg at our back door for walnuts
* We have two interesting granddaughters
* I love having lots of pen pals
* I live close to San Francisco (where I was born and raised)
* I love being retired

14. A perfect day indoors looks like…
* Working air conditioning
* Comfy recliner with a bottle of ice water at hand
* Dog in lap
* Something good on TV
* Listening to my son cooking dinner

15. Pumpkin spice…
I like pumpkin spice in pumpkin pie and maybe in a few things, but at this time of year, it seems that pumpkin is put in EVERYTHING and that is entirely too much. (Pumpkin coffee?  Ewww.)

_____________________________________________________________________________


Bubba knows Ned is fixing his dinner

8431  

5 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of the pumpkin, either (the link on Sat 9 doesn't bring you to this page, you may need to reenter.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worry greatly that the House of Representatives can't even pick a Speaker. Have you noted "unprecedented" has been used in the past 5 years?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Yes! Yes! to your answer for number 3. I'm so glad your colonoscopy went well and no evidence of disease!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clam chowder is lovely but Mrs PM is allergic to seafood, so I haven't had it for years.

    My kids are also my friends - I planned that and it worked.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in the world. I lived in Monterey a couple times, and SF was very often my weekend getaway.

    ReplyDelete

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...