Thursday, October 19, 2023

Mail and Puzzles

I still have a stack to answer, but I am getting caught up on the letters that have arrived in the last couple of weeks that I just didn't feel like answering. I think I mailed off 3 letters and several post cards for Swap Bot today and will  get at least one more letter written by the end of the day.

The pressure is off a bit because I heard from my male correspondent.  He always answers letters  the day he gets them or the next, so I always answer him in the same way.  But somehow we got off kilter.  I sent him a post card and he returned with a letter, so we had two letters going.  Somehow we now have three letters going.  I didn't realize we did, but that's what he said in the first two of three letters he wrote.  Only the third letter hasn't arrived yet, and I want to answer all three letters with ONE letter so we can get back to normal.

My swap bot partner who sent me that great Zojirushi cup last week was part of a swap called 
"Happy Mailbox all October."  The idea is that you send your partner five things, spaced out over the month.  The instructions say that you can send something that you only need one stamp for.  They certainly didn't imply that one should buy something as expensive as the gift I received last week.  I was bowled over.

But then I got this week's mail and it's four SHEETS of stamps.  They are 34 cent and 39 cent stamps, but there are a lot of them.  There is a sheet of Judy Garland, of Lucille Ball, of Leonard Bernstein and of major things in  this country, like the oldest trees (bristlecone pines), The deepest lake (Crater Lake), the hottest spot (Death Valley) and 37 more.  If you add up the cost of all of these stamps it's another ~$40.  Fortunately, the partner you send stuff to is not the partner you receive stuff from because I'm sending things like stickers, book marks, and return address labels.  I'm not sure how my partner, bless her, is sending me such expensive things, but I certainly lucked out on partners!

# # # #

The new candy puzzle is fun, but initially it was very difficult because the picture of the puzzle on t he cover wrapped around the cover, so you could not see what the edges of the puzzle actually are...and with a puzzle like this it makes it difficult.  However, I went on line and found a picture of the puzzle that someone had worked and printed that out.  That made putting the edges together very easy and now we are into the middle of the puzzle, trying to figure out how many pictures of Snickers and peanut butter cups there are!

_____________________________________________________________________________



8430  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sunday Stealing

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every ...